My Legacy

My Legacy

Sunday, February 28, 2010

God is on my Side

I plan to use the themes from the curriculum we craft and create for the youngest ones each week. We spent a bunch of time talking about the one rock and one shot that obliterated the hairy, scary giant from a little shepherd boy's sling shot. For 40 days, that massive Goliath taunted and bullied the Israelites and they were all so afraid of his bluster that they hid like sissies. The strongest, most together warriors, ran at the sight of his towering bulk and trembled at the thought of fighting him. They could only see, in the natural, that they were severely out matched.

David listened to God and believed that HE is the biggest and strongest of all. He fixed His eyes on His unseen greatness and obeyed when God gave him clear directions.To the world, I am sure they all laughed and those who loved him tried to talk sense into him. It wasn't until the Israelites witnessed the victorious defeat of an "unbeatable" enemy that they stopped jeering. God's voice is clear and direct. He does direct our paths today. When I tune in to Him, I am always dazzled at His grace and provision of all that I need.

There are no coincidences and the nudges or intuition we experience are manifestations of his directions. I can't tell you how many times I've felt led to call someone, send a card or pray out loud with someone who seems ok, only to find that they are really hurting and have asked God for a sign of His presence. Take risks, reach out and let Him empower you to love others in unusual ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment